New Standard-Base Curriculum Workshop for 92 private Kindergarten (KG) and Primary Teachers from Seventeen (17) private schools in the District was organized at Crossover International Preparatory School at Atokrokpo.
The workshop which was a national program started on Wednesday 4th of September, 2019 and ended on Saturday 7th of September, 2019. Five (5) facilitators who were trained at the Regional Level, facilitated the programme.
The facilitators were:
- Gustav Ametefe Gavi- District Training Officer
- Peace Osai- Supervising and Monitoring Officer
- Charity Agborli- Basic 1 Coordinator
- Prosper Amaning- Teacher
- Evans Aseye Doh- Teacher
The District Director of Education Madam Justina B. Ziemeh monitored to ensure effective coordination of the workshop.
Values of the Curriculum
At the core of the school curriculum is the belief in nurturing a new generation of honest, creative and Responsible Ghanaian children. As such, every part of the curriculum, including the related pedagogy should be consistent with the following values:
- Commitment to achieving excellence
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Truth & Integrity
Key Features of the New Curriculum
- Provisions for the acquisition of 4Rs: Reading, writing, arithmetic and creativity
- Making Ghana a Mathematics friendly nation
- Reintroduction of History of Ghana
- Strengthening the teaching of French and the introduction of Arabic as Modern Foreign Languages
- Emphasis on learning-centered pedagogy (differentiation, Scaffolding and use of ICT as a pedagogical Tool)
- Emphasis on inclusion and diversity
- Provisions for the development of Core Competencies(Foundational and Lifelong Skills)