This Department coordinates and promotes social development programmes and policies to improve the welfare of people and communities in the Service. The department represents the MMDAs and the regional planning units on issues pertaining to social and community development. It plans, initiates and coordinates community-based projects, day care centres and services for the rehabilitation of the physically challenged.
LIST OF SOCIAL SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE DISTRICT ASSEMBLY (SOCIAL WELFARE)
1. Identify and register PWDs
2. Rescuing of trafficked children
3. Engage in public sensitization on child rights and protection.
4. Supervise and monitor implementation of social intervention programmes such
as LEAP and gender activities
5. Custonmary marriage registration
6. Registration and renewals of NHIS for PWDs and the Aged
7. Case management (maintenance, abuse, custody, reconciliation, paternity etc.)
8. Advocacy for child welfare
9. Liaise with police, hospitals on child protection and related cases
10. Hospital Welfare.
11. Undertake sensitizations and social educations on social problems
12. Provide probation services to juveniles and families
Social Welfare Emergency Hotline